What’s next for Hellhunter?

Official Anouncements, Questions & Feedback about Hellhunter
Ballistic
Nephilim
Nephilim

What’s next for Hellhunter?

Postby Ballistic » 24 Nov, 2016

As everyone noticed, crowdfunding was a no go, but the support so far has been amazing!
Rest assured, this will not stop Hellhunter!

Below you can see our next plans of action and follow along to help us through the journey.
  • 2nd Crowdfunding - it already proved as a poor option, and the worst part is, it’s full time work that stops us from developing the game.
  • Publishers - we’ve already had several offers from big names, we can’t mention specifics due to legal stuff. But we can say that while that means a bigger game & lotsa cash, it also means a watered down Hellhunter for greater profit.
  • Private Investor run - we’ve received mails by fans who want to send their original pledges. While we’re still looking into the legalities, we’re thinking of something similar to kickstarter, that actually doubles your investment, it will likely be private.
  • Early access - Greenlight has opened the possibility of early access. It has pros and cons, but it also means development freedom, and implementing a lot more cool stuff, from extra jobs/enemies (shapeshifters, yokai, etc) to deep rpg skill system.

Regardless of which route will be taken, you can subscribe to the mailing list to be notified on launch - http://www.hellhuntergame.com

We’re posting it here in respect to all our hardcore fans who supported us so far.
We take your opinions very seriously, so we’d love to hear your thoughts! :)

Exeator
Novice
Novice

Re: What’s next for Hellhunter?

Postby Exeator » 24 Nov, 2016

Just signed up to your mailing list, I would totally buy your early access when it’s up! :)

NaroMind
Novice
Novice

Postby NaroMind » 24 Nov, 2016

Naaaw don’t go to publishers, don’t sell your soouuull!!! :o
You guys got an amazing unique concept here, that's its strongest selling point and should be maintained

Nikriser
Novice
Novice

Postby Nikriser » 24 Nov, 2016

Wait a moment, does early access means we get to play something earlier? Any ETA ? :D

Pneumonica
Novice
Novice

Postby Pneumonica » 24 Nov, 2016

I'm a bit of a latecomer, having found out about it towards the end thanks to Gamer Quest's Twitter post on it. However, I'd like to say that whatever provides the best possible game.
I'd like to say that, but I also have to say whatever provides a game to begin with. Obviously, you need to put food on the table. I do like the idea of deeper RPG elements. (This is remarkably similar to a tabletop RPG homebrew setting I ran. Plenty of differences, but noted similarities.) However, I'd say whatever makes it happen. Reducing risk is good business when you're already in a risky venture.
"If the bureaucracy is not checked, it will tend to build, in the name of peace, a defense against every conceivable contingency - so much 'security' that 'the secured' are without resources - helpless and hopeless."
-Leonard Read

Jet Strange
Novice
Novice

Postby Jet Strange » 25 Nov, 2016

So I'm not sure if you ever got my message on Kick starter so I'm going to add it here and add more:
FIG.com
Its pretty much a Video game Crowdfunding site its been on the rise you should check it out :)

Indiegogo
This is another crowd favorite! and with this one you can keep the funds you get. .

There is one more way I also forgot.... you guys could make a paypal donation page so you won't have to stress another Kickstarter.

VampireHunterD
Novice
Novice

Postby VampireHunterD » 25 Nov, 2016

Pneumonica wrote:I'd like to say that whatever provides the best possible game.

Ditto, and another crowdfunding run does seem like suicide at this point.
I got hooked to Hellhunter the moment you mentioned Blood: the last vampire on that podcast interview … was a bit downer you had to cut shapeshifters out for the Kickstarter ... but now if publisher/early-access means confirmed vampire hunting, omg this will be amazing I'm in!

Also it looks like you guys are taking a bad situation and using it to come back even stronger with backup plans, hell you're not even licking your wounds ... , that's impressive, scary even :o

Lloyd Calvin
Novice
Novice

Postby Lloyd Calvin » 25 Nov, 2016

Have you looked into Fig?
It gives you a chance at investors and pledges.

https://www.fig.co/

Ballistic
Nephilim
Nephilim

Postby Ballistic » 25 Nov, 2016

Jet Strange wrote:There is one more way I also forgot.... you guys could make a paypal donation page so you won't have to stress another Kickstarter.

Yes in fact we're looking into doing a private investment run, if you're interested drop a mail to invest [at] ballisticinteractive.com :)

Casualwatl
Novice
Novice

Postby Casualwatl » 25 Nov, 2016

Ballistic wrote:
Jet Strange wrote:There is one more way I also forgot.... you guys could make a paypal donation page so you won't have to stress another Kickstarter.

Yes in fact we're looking into doing a private investment run, if you're interested drop a mail to invest [at] ballisticinteractive.com :)

Hmm very interested in this, just sent an email :)
Nice to see you’ve done your homework, and the fact you had backup plans only increases my confidence that you’ll deliver on the ROI.

Return to “General”